Mrs. Stefanie Hickman - 8th Grade Home Room
- Please share a little background about yourself?
- Graduated from Centenary College (now Centenary University)
- I live in Hunterdon County on what some might call a farm, with my husband our 2 kids (boy & girl) 2 dogs & our chickens.
- Love all things Disney.
- What inspired or motivated you to become a teacher?
- When I was younger, I enjoyed helping my younger brother with his homework. My mom always said that I was so much more patient with him than she was and that I would be a great teacher someday.
- Why did you choose to be a teacher St Raphael School?
- When I first began teaching here, I was at a point in my life where I was unhappy with the job I was in and knew my heart belonged in a classroom. When I saw the job posting, I knew that I was just meant to see it even though it meant that I would have a little bit of a drive. The first time I walked into the building, I felt more welcomed than I had ever felt in any other school. I just knew that this was a place that I needed to be.
- Throughout your time as a teacher, what moments have captivated you to think/say “This is why I teach at a Catholic School. “
- For me, being able to have discussions with students in ways that revolve around faith is important—Our faiths are what unite us and help us to be better people.
- I love knowing all of my “kids” and being in a small, close-knit community.
- What do you enjoy doing once you go home at the end of the school day?
- Spending time with family.
- I am a cross-stitcher, so I like to work on my needlepoint.
- I love to read (big surprise there!)—especially historical fiction and books written for Middle Schoolers.